By Todd Harrison Oct 01, 2003 12:08 pm
Despite the green seas, the most recent series of lower highs and lower lows is still in tact.
- How come we choose from just two people for President and fifty for Miss America?
- The "consumer over cyclical" (relative outperformance) should begin to pick up as we edge towards '04.
- Debra Winger was one of the voices for E.T.
- The NDX pulled back to unchanged (and filled the opening gap). Does that count as a probe?
- The NYSE breadth is 4:1 positive. Boo will be hard pressed to make a mess unless that starts to slip.
- There were "buy stops" in the S&P above 1005 (Monday's high). That was the pop.
- One year. Man--what a long strange trip it's been.
- The dollar is still slippy but the shorts are now looking over their shoulder for Mr. Intervention.
- When was the last time you went to a batting cage?
- When I was on CNBC a little over a month ago, I (humbly) opined that a dollar crisis would spark the unwind of the various bubbles (debt, derivative, housing, psychology) and trap the individual investor (who's been "squeezed" into the market by Elmer). I stand by that call.
- Congrats to Professor Bill Fleckenstein on the launch of his new website!
- Who determines if a person is important enough to be considered an assassination rather than a murder victim?
- Coincidence that the "master beta" stocks are coming for sale now that the quarter-end games are over? I think not.
- The uncanny Minx/Jinx relationship continues. If the pattern holds (no guarantee that it will), the S&P will waffle around these levels for most of October and then plunge 20%.
- There is a fine line between intervention and manipulation. It's called "communication."
- I will be out Friday as I'll be traveling to an eagerly anticipated hugfest (with my niece and nephew) in Baltimore.
- Minyan Trivia: Who was the only player in baseball history to score 100 runs and have 100 RBI, 100 walks, 40 doubles, 40 homers, 20 stolen bases and a 300 avg in a single season? The first correct answer wins a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- Welcome PENN Minyans!
- Are we basing...or churning?
- Jason posted at 3:02 am. Dude, I've got one word for you. Ambien.
- Patience is very difficult, particularly when the Minx is on the move. Pick your spots and channel the emotions to your loved ones.
- The choppy and sloppy day-to-day action is taxing. If you've got a big picture bent, let the noise filter through and use prices to your advantage.
- Strive to be happy.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter