Doin' It Bloggystyle: Exciting And New Links
Minyanville brings together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
Blogs themselves need no introduction, as they get as much publicity as pretty much anything these days, save maybe the latest Britney news. There's an expanding world of excellent financial blogs, covering pretty much everything from global economics to swing trading. Minyanville's goal is to bring together the best of what they are saying "out there" about the topics we're talking about right here.
I'm a Worrier
Aaron Heilman protecting a lead, the Mets lack of offense the past few weeks, and other things to worry about. Hat Tips to my Abnormal friend.
- An extended stretch of higher rates in the 10-Year, via Dr. Brett.
- Two-day declines, or the lack thereof recenty, says Bespoke Investments.
- What the editorial page on the Wall Street Journal might look like if Rupert Murdoch takes over and boots the current band of Maoist tree-huggers.
More Arrows in the Quiver
- Nice breakdown of stock/sectors deviating from their 50 day moving average's, courtesy of Ticker Sense.
- Instant Bull with a rundown of the top 100 business blogs via traffic stats.
- Alexa has me at #32, which probably means a trip to the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl to enjoy some December weather in Boise, Idaho. Fortunately, Technorati ranks me 18th, and when you factor in my RPI ratings, it feels like New Years in Orlando vs. maybe a mountain west blogger like Brian at Alpha Trends or Roger.
- Speaking of Roger, he finds the New Zealand has a picture of Tenzing Norgay on the currency. Sort of like Chicago putting a statue of Scottie Pippen outside the United Center.
Follow the Money
- Looks like the wealthy are shunning funds and going towards indexing, via All About Alpha.
- 10 Signs of a market top, from Long or Short Capital.
- Just a sample. #5 Shares of the Berlin Zoo (BBERG: ZOO.GR) recently doubled due to the birth of a baby polar bear named "Knut."
I had one of those Detour bars at the local health food store, next thing I know I can bench more than Kevin Durant.
- Actually anyone can , it's not saying much.
- Great find here by Just Call Me Juice, it's Jason Giambi's 1997 baseball card.
- On the back it says "Jason, who had never hit more than 12 home runs in a season as a minor leaguer, picked up some power and pointers during his weight lifting sessions with Mark McGwire last season year."
- Larry (Bud) Selig wants Giambi to Start Snitchin' in return for lenience in discipline for his *stuff* comment. Give me a break. Amazing the only thing that springs them into action is a player suggesting an apology.
- Michael Kay, announcer for a team that has a payroll of $195 million pre-Clemens, is concerned about steroids causing an uneven playing field, says the Big Lead.
- Yes, including Clemens, only the Mets and Red Sox pay more than half what the Yankees pay. And the Mets barely, they are at $116 million.
- Incidentally, the Yankees play the Pirates and their $38 million payroll this weekend. Mondesi's House does the Tale of the Tape.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter