If only I could get the internals to turn!
- Dr. Minyan Mark Faber I presume?
- Minutes from the magician conference.
- Our goal is to allow the Minyan community an opportunity to interact and leverage our collective network.
- I thought Snapper was walking funny!
- Television in England was switched off for six years during World War II. In June 1946, it started again with the words, "As I was saying before we were so rudely interrupted..."
- A breach of either S&P 1183 or 1193 would be telling in the near-term.
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo, there is yearly support in both gold and silver (as well as the euro) right at this week's lows. I certainly agree that the shorter-term charts are ugly, but one must also respect the idea that the yearly support is "there" by virtue of the price action this week. It's possible that the downward move is over and the choppy action will now commence. After all, gold has fallen 37.50 from the recent high in virtually a straight line, and silver has been absolutely hammered. Have a good day, Minyan Brian."
- Samuel Morse would be proud.
- Mr. Erlanger has a noice column coming out this afternoon.
- This morning's probe surely shook out some bandwagons BUT nobody was reaching for protection. Now, as we lift, vols are getting smoked like a Philly Blunt (again).
- The metals continue to digest supply (as the greenback turns back towards the sky) but metal equities have bounced nicely.
- Ohio is listed as the 17th state in the U.S., but technically it is Number 47. Until August 7, 1953, Congress forgot to vote on a resolution to admit Ohio to the Union
- This Random Thought does NOT have a link at the request of Snoop Tone. ;-)
- Speaking of magicians...
- This is like mom discussing why her son isn't worthy of an allowance.
- Reflation debation.
- "The OSX is forming what COULD turn into a massive bullish triangle on 2x3 pnf chart...as long as it remains above 114. Weekly momentum readings suggest another few weeks of potential lackluster price action, but on a longer-term basis it remains very bullish. FWIW, I am longer-term energy bull, especially drillers, but short-term have scaled back trading positions over the past week. Minyan Pepe Depew"
- There is an actual phenomenon called the last laugh. A bullet shot through a victim's heart sometimes precipitates a final laugh before death.
- Tsunami debt freeze.
- One man gathers what another man spills.
- Two Minyans are better than one!
- Breadth, while well off its worst levels. has yet to give Hoofy the upside wink.
- I resemble that remark!
- Fil noted the constructive Apple (AAPL:NASD) pattern this morning and it traded dry during the probe. That was all we needed to see to know that it was gonna pop once Snapper arrived.
- N's over S's.
- My ex-girlfriend told me that I was a bad lover. I asked her how she could tell in 2 minutes?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter