More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jan 06, 2005 3:13 pm
May peace be with you!
- A seat on the NYSE went for $1.0 million today, the lowest price since October 1995. The highest price ever paid was in December 1999, when a seat sold for $2.65 million.
- Brush your breath!
- What do you like the most about the 'Ville? What turns you off? What would you like to see? We value each and every relationship and look forward to furthering the interactive dialogue!
- The NDX held three probes of double support at NDX 1560 but the Snappage has been muted at best. We touched on the "S's over N's" dynamic earlier today and the wishbone continues to procure.
- Professor McGuirk, who has been on vacation in the land of Oz, should be back in the saddle manana.
- We noted the dandruff in the XAU (broke the 200-day) and the acne in the dollar. Those technical evolvements support further losses (gains) but it'll definately be impacted by tomorrow's payroll data.
- Seventh heaven.
- Reversal of fortune? Equities traded lock-step with crude last year but have shredded the correlation thus far in '05.
- Please note the upside action during today's contra-hour.
- Sector rotation remains a central theme in the marketplace.
- Captain Hoofy?
- If it were easy, everyone would do it.
- If the first week is supposed to be a precursor for the full year, Hoofy better get some rest tonight as he readies for tomorrow's big day.
- I added two appendages to my metaphorical bull costume this morning (50% conviction on the long side). The bounce beats the alternative (melt) but the degree isn't as robust as I would have thought. In particular, the nets are weighing on the broader tape and capping the tech trek. I plan on removing (at least) one arm in front of tomorrow's big bad voodoo daddy. As this will be my last column of the day (I'll be over on the Buzz), I wanted to give ye faithful a heads up.
- There is a LOT going on behind the scenes in the 'Ville so if you sense that I'm distracted, it's simply a function of time management. I sense that "things" will return to normal (accelerate) in February. Pure FYI and offered in the vein of being forthright.
- S&P 1193 has (thus far) repelled the Snapper attempt (again).
- More tsunami satellite photos.
- Thanks for lunch, Snoop, and for not Roquin' me! (Yes, John, I'm kidding).
- I'm finding that more and more of my "old school" friends are getting out of the business.
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a kick-ass night!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter