More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jan 06, 2004 2:42 pm
Fare ye well!
- Red Sox? We don't need no stinkin' Red Sox!
- It's quiet on the catalyst front until the jobless claims on Thursday (exp. 345k) and the orange crop report on Friday. Beeks is looking for a 5.9% unemployment rate, 105k change in non-critter payrolls, no change in manufacturing payrolls and a paltry 33.9 average weekly hours. Heck, we put in 33.9 hours a day!
- Minyan professorship schedule: Slacker Brodsky is on vacation through next Wednesday, Senor Fokker will be tossing his burrito through Friday and yours truly will be traveling on business Friday.
- The content has been slack, I know, but look for it to pick-up nicely in the weeks ahead. Minyanville will be posting Fleck's wrap every Wednesday (starting soon) and if all goes as planned, our metals coverage will also begin shortly. Further, stay tuned for the February roll out of Buzz & Banter--quick, time sensitive blurbs for the active Minyans among you (think IM chat).
- From Canadian Minyan John Scott: "Your US Junior Hockey Team won the World Junior Championship, beating Canada 4-3 in Finland yesterday. They were down 3-1 going into the 3rd period. Our country (Canada) is reeling from the loss and I'm not sure anyone in your country even knows." Tough loss, eh?
- After a big rally, flat days are bullish (basing). After a big drop, flat days are bearish (churning).
- Personally, I thought the pancake comment was pretty funny. My mom prolly won't though!
- There will be some days that are action packed and filled with noteworthy commentary. This isn't one of 'em (yet).
- What the heck is going on with Brittney?
- The Dow has now gone 35 days without posting an intraday low of more than .5% below the prior day's low. The last time the index even went 30 days was in 1964.
- How many New Year's Resolutions have you already broken? Remember, it's alright to slip as long as you don't fall.
- Hey Shrebby--get off the babysitter
- If the market action appears haphazard, take a step back.
- The OSX (oil service) has thus far "held" at the August acne levels.
- The Jerry Garcia Band (JGB) had a totally different feeling than Dead shows. Much jazzier.
- Don't bicker with the ticks, just flicker in the mix.
- Congrats to Neil Glassman on his new teeth.
- Is it safe?
- Good luck into the close.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter