By Todd Harrison Jan 06, 2004 12:13 pm
Pass the syrup!
- I'VE GOT NO PLACE LEFT TO GO!!!
- Sometimes the ability not to trade is as important as trading ability. Use your time wisely.
- If today's tape was a movie, it would be Flatliners.
- There are so many charts that look like Sugar Mountain.
- Negative energy is wasted energy.
- I'm glad I punted my Morgan (MWD:NYSE) stock last year. :-(
- Denial...migration...panic. It's the three phases of Eve and is never ending.
- The bubble taught us the perils of shorting purely on fundies. Still, some of these tech issues remain in the stratosphere. They'll be rationalized as long as they're up and cursed after reality sets in.
- You want answers? I want the truth!
- You should always have a laundry list (long and short).
- Rest in peace Tug McGraw
- Daisy has a stack that would make a pancake blush.
- Any trader (or person) worth his or her salt has been knocked down. The ability to brush yourself off and pick yourself up develops both character and perspective. Happens to the best of us.
- Pete Rose has humbly paid his debt to society and forever changed his legacy. Let the man into the Hall.
- If you're enjoying Minyanville, please tell a friend.
- The cyclicals are getting tapped for the first time in a while. I don't know if this is the beginning of THE correction but looking at a ten year chart of the CYC, it looks awfully bubbly.
- I watched Marathon Man this past weekend. "Is it safe?"
- Congrats Lappy and much Mazel.
- When you look back 20 years from now, will you be happy with how you're spending your precious time?
- Emotion is the enemy when trading.
- I had dinner with Fleck last week and he taught me the virtues of smelling a wine glass before pouring the vino. Odd, I know, but the man had a point. So you know (and if you care), we dined on Elmer and paid in gold! (Note: look for Fleck to reemerge on Minyanville soon. In the meantime, if you need your fix, click here.)
- Just when you thought it was safe to short the home builders...
- Yes I'm an admitted conspiracy theorist but I've been saying from day one that Princess Diana's tragic death wasn't an accident. The damage to the car was symmetrical, no witnesses emerged, the driver got amnesia and she was "involved" with someone that the Royal Family didn't see fit to be the father of a king. I may be crazy but the new Scotland Yard investigation isn't a shocker to me.
- Next up: the "hand stand."
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter