More Random Thoughts
If the SOX turns green, I'm gonna scream!
- The people have spoken--and due to overwhelming demand, this will be the last random thoughts post in Minyanville History. NOT!
- The most bullish things on my board are the coiled stochatics, bungee oscillator (-9), positive breadth, strong dollar and "dry" retailers.
- Elmo at Warburg tells me that he doesn't think the trading community is short.
- Hmm...maybe the professor and Gilligan had a thing. That explains everything!
- Pull up a 5 day chart of the S&P and draw a trendline from Wednesday's top through yesterday's top. See that?
- I just called Adam (my brother) to tell him about the James Brown concert...and he's sick as a dog. :-(
- The anti-American sentiment is growing...and it's not good.
- Is there a squeeze potential? Sure...and while I'm still on the Shim Sham train, I don't want to give back any hard earned money. As such, I'm gonna set a stop on my bear appendages at S&P 855. My risk? 5 handles. My upside? 845 handles. Discipline over conviction, cookie.
- Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite.
- My mother brought the "Ruby letters" to dinner the other night. For those that don't know, those were the wonderful emails that my old readers sent to my grandfather while he was battling in the hospital. As I read them again, I was reminded of how many good people are out there--and why I do what I do every day.
- Junior just pinged me that the S&P failed at 850 again. I'm glad to see I rubbed off!
- Watch C here--it's the BKX in a nutshell (no, this is me in a nutshell!)
- Stevie Ray Vaughn. What a tragedy.
- If I lived in the '60's, it would be groovy, man!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter