By Todd Harrison Jan 30, 2003 1:07 pm
- There's all kinds of chatter going around regarding nuclear threats from North Korea. Fabulous.
- We're pinning SOX 280 again. shocker!
- A roach will live nine days without it's head. The only reason it doesn't live longer is it's unable to eat.
- In my last post, I made the distinction between "good" traders and "great" traders. Notice I didn't say "bad" traders--there's no such thing!
- I thought Tony's piece this morning articulated our current juncture wonderfully.
- I still think there's gonna be stiff rally...but i can't shake the feeling that it'll begin from lower levels. If you think that shorting to buy is too "cute," you can always "scale" into a position. In other words, if you're bullish, you can buy 1/2 a position now and add to it as a function of price. This way, you're "there" if the market rallies and, if not, you've got dry powder to deploy at lower levels.
- Who else misses sleep away camp?
- Breadth on the Nazz is now 2:1 negative.
- Both Hitler and Napoleon were missing one testicle
- That AOL loss is staggering. "You've got issues!"
- There are still too many reactive traders in the market. If you're constantly getting bullish at higher levels and bearish at lower levels, you're bound to flame out at a point. The goal, my friends, is to view prices as an opportunity--not a hindrance.
- Keep an eye on the weekly lows in the NDX and S&P (if and when). If they don't hold, this could get fugly.
- When my contacts told me about the Raiders night owl habits, I was bummed out. Then, when I heard about Baret Robbins, I was super angry...and almost bet big on the Buc's! I couldn't do it thought--no matter how much I tried, no matter how much my faith was shaken, no matter how wrong I thought they were--I couldn't pull the trigger. Being a Raider fan isn't a choice...it's a way of life--for better or for worse.
- The trick to the shim sham trade is knowing when to flip around and trade from the long side. Dicey!
- There goes MXIM. Hey Fokker, why are you giggling?
- I follow daily stochastics (to time entry points) and longer term stochastics (to game market shifts).
- Sea Otters use so much energy that they need to eat as much as one-third of their weight each day.
- Beeks will stop by tomorrow morning with Personal Income (exp. .2%), Personal Spending (exp. .7%), the Charles Woodson/Betty Ford Confidence Number (exp. 83.5) and the Blackhawk Purchasing Manager Report (exp. 53).
- Nah, there's no housing bubble,,,,but there wasn't a stock market bubble either until after the fact!
- Lobsters can live up to 50 years.
- If you're diggin' the critters, wear 'em proud!
- I don't think we break the October lows during this leg of the sell-off...but I think they'll be broken at a point this year.
- Cheers to Fred "The Dorf" Dorushkin!
- Slaino just walked by and said "what's event would "catch" the most traders? I peaceful resolution to the Iraq situation." Man, they'd squeeze 'em hard on that!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter