By Todd Harrison Jan 28, 2004 12:19 pm
Anybody got some toothpaste?
- In Flow's Diner, that S&P put buyer is up to 7,000. So ya know.
- Look at that gap in Netflix (NFLX:NASD).
- The S&P stochastics are a twistie. (storing energy for the eventual move)
- Read the following question and come up with an answer. This is not a trick question. A woman, while at the funeral of her own mother, met a man whom she did not know. She thought this man was amazing, the man of her dreams, so much so that she fell in love with him right there but never thought to ask for his full name, address or telephone number and, consequently, could neither find nor get in touch with him. A few days later she killed her sister. Question: What is her motive in killing her sister? (Give this some thought before you answer)
- Homies don't play today...but those mortgage lenders trade tighter than a drum.
- We've got a pretty snazzy technician set to join the Minyanville family within two weeks. I am most confident that you'll find his talents consistent with what you've come to expect on the 'Ville.
- All right, call to arms! If you haven't tried the Minyanville chocolate chip cookies, you're missing the entire boat. Trust me on this one, I promise you won't be disappointed!
- George Glass.
- Metal stocks. Again.
- Keep an eye on those biotechs--if they're gonna break out, the recent action will be seen as a consolidation (in hindsight).
- The NDX has been in a 35 range handle since June 9th. And you wonder why vols are so low? Again, the zillion dollar question is simple. Basing....or churning?
- Smelly cat, smelly cat what are you thinking of?
- File S&P 1175 somewhere in the far reaches of your trading radar. (it was a triple top back in December 2001-January 2002-March 2002)
- Happy Birthday CNBC Amy!
- She said she liked it better than the Pirates of Penzance.
- Parlamat has a $16 Billion error and it barely gets any press. It was the fifth or six blurb in the Journal and I'm not sure I heard about it much from the teletubbies. I don't know about you but in my world, sixteen BEANS is a ton of dough and the utter disregard (of its ramifications) is the definition of complacency.
- Where did the term "I would never blow smoke up your ass" come from? Who does that in the first place and, even more, why would that be considered a compliment?
- If Grey Poupon and Docker Pants merged, would it be called "Poupon Pants?"
- S&P 1140. NDX 1515.
- Breadth not feelin' it (it's now down for the Nazz) but remember, Minyans, all this price action goes out the window at 2:15. That's when the real games begin.
- Earnings after the close: Altria Group (MO:NYSE), Foundry Networks (FDRY:NASD), JDS Uniphase (JDSU:NASD), LSI Logic (LSI:NYSE), STM Micro (STM:NYSE) and Veritas (VRTS:NASD). Tomorrow morning: Apache (APA:NYSE), Boeing (BA:NYSE), Bristol Myers (BMY:NYSE), Dow Chemical (DOW:NYSE), Eli Lilly (LLY:NYSE), Exxon Mobil (XOM:NYSE), Gillette (G:NYSE), Halliburton (HAL:NYSE), Medimmune (MEDI:NASD), Sears (S:NYSE), Taiwan Semi (TSM:NYSE), United Parcel (UPS:NYSE) and Verizon (VZ:NYSE).
- The Inquisition...Let's Begin....The Inquisition...
- Norv Turner?
- Answer: She was hoping that the man would again appear at her sister's funeral. This was a test a famous American psychologist used to explore if one has the same mentality as a killer. If you answered it correctly as above, it indicates that you think like a psychopath. Many admitted serial killers were asked this question and answered it correctly. If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you (and you're welcome to stay in the 'Ville!).
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter