If the semis can turn, the S's should outperform the N's.
- I'm not making excuses for the Raiders. Quite the contrary, there is NO excuse for what they did.
- Once FNM broke 74 last summer, trading from the short side was warranted on a technical basis. This is another one of those financials that I "think" will be much lower by the time the grizzly goes to sleep.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- There is nothing worse than welching on a bet.
- When walking through my technical landscape, I like to cross-reference point and figure (Dorsey Wright), tick charts, stochastics and Bloomberg (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly).
- A newborn giant panda is only the size of a stick of butter.
- My buddy Jason at www.sentimentrader.com has some interesting observations regarding the State of the Union.
- I wish I had a chance to see Jimi Hendrix play live.
- A few months back, I opined that the financials, retailers and gaming stocks were the most vulnerable sectors in my "big picture bear" thesis. I still feel that way.
- Elmo tells me that most of his accounts are expecting a rally today. Uhh...
- Does anybody else think that Jimmy Kimmel fumbled his opening kick-off?
- Micron with a seven handle. Wowsers.
- Joel, get off the babysitter!
- I got hazed by a Charger fan at the game. A Charger fan!
- 8250ish is now resistance for the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- San Diego joins the short list of places that I could one day live.
- And just like that, the FTSE is down 11% year to date.
- If we manage to get some smokage to the downside during the early months of this year, I think the Minx will make a spirited sprint higher. It will ultimately fail (me thinks)...but it'll be a nice trade to the upside.
- Did you know that Ron Howard gave Tom Hanks his big break when he cast him for Splash?
- Grandpa Neil, my follically challenged friend, points out the high intraday put/call reading (bullish).
- Congrats Lappy!
- The BKX is quietly gaining some traction.
- As I was walking out of the bowl (and bumming hard), I looked up and saw a mother changing the tube on her child's respirator--and remembered that it's just a game.
- I continue to case a wary eye towards Latin America.
- Trough valuations in the semi's are much lower.
- Mr. Sanchez sends his love.
- Be selective in your defined risk plays--vols have gotten chubby.
- Congrats to Marcus on his selection into Pro Football's Hall of Fame.
- When in doubt, sit it out. Don't let boredom be the catalyst for initiating risk.
- The Dow, XBD (brokers) and S&P stochastics are the closest to giving buy signals.
- S's over N's.
- Please make sure to read the special announcement section of the Minyanville Gazette. Thanks!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter