By Todd Harrison Jan 28, 2003 12:07 pm
If the semis can turn, the S's should outperform the N's.
- I'm not making excuses for the Raiders. Quite the contrary, there is NO excuse for what they did.
- Once FNM broke 74 last summer, trading from the short side was warranted on a technical basis. This is another one of those financials that I "think" will be much lower by the time the grizzly goes to sleep.
- If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee.
- There is nothing worse than welching on a bet.
- When walking through my technical landscape, I like to cross-reference point and figure (Dorsey Wright), tick charts, stochastics and Bloomberg (daily, weekly, monthly and yearly).
- A newborn giant panda is only the size of a stick of butter.
- My buddy Jason at www.sentimentrader.com has some interesting observations regarding the State of the Union.
- I wish I had a chance to see Jimi Hendrix play live.
- A few months back, I opined that the financials, retailers and gaming stocks were the most vulnerable sectors in my "big picture bear" thesis. I still feel that way.
- Elmo tells me that most of his accounts are expecting a rally today. Uhh...
- Does anybody else think that Jimmy Kimmel fumbled his opening kick-off?
- Micron with a seven handle. Wowsers.
- Joel, get off the babysitter!
- I got hazed by a Charger fan at the game. A Charger fan!
- 8250ish is now resistance for the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
- San Diego joins the short list of places that I could one day live.
- And just like that, the FTSE is down 11% year to date.
- If we manage to get some smokage to the downside during the early months of this year, I think the Minx will make a spirited sprint higher. It will ultimately fail (me thinks)...but it'll be a nice trade to the upside.
- Did you know that Ron Howard gave Tom Hanks his big break when he cast him for Splash?
- Grandpa Neil, my follically challenged friend, points out the high intraday put/call reading (bullish).
- Congrats Lappy!
- The BKX is quietly gaining some traction.
- As I was walking out of the bowl (and bumming hard), I looked up and saw a mother changing the tube on her child's respirator--and remembered that it's just a game.
- I continue to case a wary eye towards Latin America.
- Trough valuations in the semi's are much lower.
- Mr. Sanchez sends his love.
- Be selective in your defined risk plays--vols have gotten chubby.
- Congrats to Marcus on his selection into Pro Football's Hall of Fame.
- When in doubt, sit it out. Don't let boredom be the catalyst for initiating risk.
- The Dow, XBD (brokers) and S&P stochastics are the closest to giving buy signals.
- S's over N's.
- Please make sure to read the special announcement section of the Minyanville Gazette. Thanks!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter