More Random Thoughts!
Watch the financial/semiconductor duopoly!
- Does Silvia Vadvah live in a gingerbread house?
- The BKX is back over 1000 and the banks are starting to grab that baton again.
- Technical types I speak with are trying day trading longs in here.
- Moisture is the essence of wetness.
- The S&P hasn't had a 5% correction since the duct-tape low was put in last march. The longest such streak, to date, is 16 months (1994). Thanks to Barry Ritholtz for pointing that out.
- You'll knock your teeth out with that thing!
- Sometimes the best trade is no trade. If you consciously make that decision, however, you can't look back and beat yourself up for missing a move. That's a no win proposition.
- Steve Van Starker.
- We're in the processing of canvassing for an energy professor. If you've got a thought in that regard, please feel free to communicate it.
- Jim Carey shoulda won an Oscar (or at least been nominated) for his role in Man on the Moon.
- Novellus (NVLS:NASD) also reports tonight and that'll color the semi space.
- A metric assimilation is always helpful when crafting a thesis.
- Now yous can't leave.
- Green sequins?
- The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company, suspecting negligence, sent one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine out and also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
- Try and force yourself to take at least ONE day completely off from work (note to self).
- I've put my therapist in therapy.
- The dollar has started to gain some traction today.
- Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaren! (Think Ray Liotta)
- General Electric (GE:NYSE), after a few days of rest, is enjoying the fruits of it's acne.
- Fleck is back from Heli-skiing. Look for his rap later this week in the 'Ville.
- Crude is off 2% today.
- The devil dances in empty pockets.
- The owners of options have the right--but NOT the obligation--to call/put the underlying stock at a specific price (the strike). Those short options have no such right.
- Whatever happened to Joanie?
- Conventional wisdom has worked for almost ten months. That's made life as a zagger most difficult.
- And to think, I thought this week would be lighter from an conference call standpoint!
- Hoofy has to be happy with the sideways digestion of the recent rally. If he works off the overbought condition with time (rather than price), he's got a better shot of sticking around.
- Student Minyans, please take the time to spread word of the critters to your fellow students (finance club) and Greek system friends. Toga party!
- Everything is cyclical--moods, markets and moons included.
- This tape has been Sammy all day but traders are starting to look for Snapper.
- February 16th is right around the corner.
- What a difference a year makes. Oofa!
- Good luck into the close.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter