More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jan 26, 2004 2:09 pm
Watch the financial/semiconductor duopoly!
- Does Silvia Vadvah live in a gingerbread house?
- The BKX is back over 1000 and the banks are starting to grab that baton again.
- Technical types I speak with are trying day trading longs in here.
- Moisture is the essence of wetness.
- The S&P hasn't had a 5% correction since the duct-tape low was put in last march. The longest such streak, to date, is 16 months (1994). Thanks to Barry Ritholtz for pointing that out.
- You'll knock your teeth out with that thing!
- Sometimes the best trade is no trade. If you consciously make that decision, however, you can't look back and beat yourself up for missing a move. That's a no win proposition.
- Steve Van Starker.
- We're in the processing of canvassing for an energy professor. If you've got a thought in that regard, please feel free to communicate it.
- Jim Carey shoulda won an Oscar (or at least been nominated) for his role in Man on the Moon.
- Novellus (NVLS:NASD) also reports tonight and that'll color the semi space.
- A metric assimilation is always helpful when crafting a thesis.
- Now yous can't leave.
- Green sequins?
- The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat cutting machine and submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company, suspecting negligence, sent one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine out and also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.
- Try and force yourself to take at least ONE day completely off from work (note to self).
- I've put my therapist in therapy.
- The dollar has started to gain some traction today.
- Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaren! (Think Ray Liotta)
- General Electric (GE:NYSE), after a few days of rest, is enjoying the fruits of it's acne.
- Fleck is back from Heli-skiing. Look for his rap later this week in the 'Ville.
- Crude is off 2% today.
- The devil dances in empty pockets.
- The owners of options have the right--but NOT the obligation--to call/put the underlying stock at a specific price (the strike). Those short options have no such right.
- Whatever happened to Joanie?
- Conventional wisdom has worked for almost ten months. That's made life as a zagger most difficult.
- And to think, I thought this week would be lighter from an conference call standpoint!
- Hoofy has to be happy with the sideways digestion of the recent rally. If he works off the overbought condition with time (rather than price), he's got a better shot of sticking around.
- Student Minyans, please take the time to spread word of the critters to your fellow students (finance club) and Greek system friends. Toga party!
- Everything is cyclical--moods, markets and moons included.
- This tape has been Sammy all day but traders are starting to look for Snapper.
- February 16th is right around the corner.
- What a difference a year makes. Oofa!
- Good luck into the close.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter