By Todd Harrison Jan 26, 2004 12:54 pm
You have more issues than technology, Toddo!
- Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!
- I've got big systems problems this morning which, of course, is AWESOME when you're trying to get back into the Monday swing. As such, I haven't had access to most of my screens (or email) all day.
- Commercial hedgers are net long for the first time since June (and before that, March).
- The Nets fired Byron Scott. The Raiders hired Norv Turner. I'm not thrilled with either of those moves.
- Hope isn't a viable investment vehicle.
- Altera (ALTR:NASD) and Texas Instruments (TXN:NYSE) highlight tonight's technology earnings. The old school will hog tomorrow morning's spotlight as Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE), Dupont (DD:NYSE), Merck (MRK:NYSE), RJ Reynolds (RJR:NYSE), SBC Communications (SBC:NYSE) and Xerox (XRX:NYSE) report.
- The tape is dancin' the Sammy salsa once more. The longer she does, the better the odds that Hoofy starts to cut the rug.
- The Knicks trade should propel them into the playoffs (and potentially beyond the first round). The Rangers trade (Jagr) was an obvious act of desperation. If they had this team ten years ago, nobody would touch 'em. Too much, too late.
- I hate redundancy. I hate redundancy.
- Oil service issues are consolidating (sideways) after last week's acne.
- 24% of all lawns have an ornament on them.
- It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year's supply of footballs. It takes one cow (with her own supply of leather) to keep Hoofy disciplined.
- Big board breadth is slowly dipping while four letter land remains marginally negative.
- Blue Steel.
- Yes, tech earnings are coming in better. At a P/E of 60, they'd better be!
- The Raiders entered the AFL on this day in 1960.
- Professor Reynolds and Sir Soros seem to arrive at similar conclusions using independent means. Brian highlighted the importance of the "rolling out" of debt maturities last year, thereby effectively buying time for the recovery to take hold.
- Professor McGuirk is enjoying a Fosters on Bondi Beach right now. That sounds pretty appealing, mate.
- How come Elmer made a point of not targeting the equity markets (as a policy too) when we were falling off a cliff but keeps bringing it up after a rally?
- "Free market?" Jumbo shrimp!
- Our initial support levels have thus far held-and until that changes, the dip shtick will remain thick.
- We're now in "low bogie" period regarding downside justification. A meaty correction (at the very least) will occur somewhere between here and the "no bogie" mindset. That's when maximum befuddlement will occur.
- I watched Chinatown during my Friday night face plant. That's a good ol' school flick.
- Do you think friends of George Soros walk into his office and say "What up, G?"
- Gold stocks continue to underperform the commodity.
- Mittens are underrated.
- I'm still having system issues. Fokker will be on a starvation diet until that's rectified.
- Don't trade just to trade and don't let the fear of missing (either way) dominate your decision making process.
- What'll Otis sees these site changes!
- Every Minyan should pick up the phone today and call a long lost friend.
- It's been a long time since the sell side has been motivated.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter