I'd break Brodsky like a twig!
- Equity funds reported net cash inflows $5.6 billion (71% going to domestic funds).
- In chess, there are 169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the first ten moves.
- Scotty Reamer has been en fuego!
- Oscar Wilde's last words were: "Either that wallpaper goes or I do."
- The S&P futures have not posted back to back down days since Dec 3rd (33 trading days) which marks the longest stretch since their inception. On two prior occasions (when there were at least 30 days between consecutive down days: Sep '95 and Jun '89), the next ten days produced a very tight range. Also, there is now an unprecedented run for the Nazz futures (closes above the prior day's low). Yesterday was the 25th straight session, marking the longest streak since its inception. (thanks Jason Roney)
- The New York Stock Exchange said that according to data submitted by its member firms, program trading during Jan. 12-16 amounted to 40.9% of NYSE average daily volume. We incorrectly offered a much higher percentage yesterday. Sorry.
- This site always has heavy metal food for thought.
- Poison Ivy and Poison Oak are from the Cashew family.
- If the NDX was a DEAD song, it'd be "Playing in the band."
- As a calf, Daisy attended Camp Notahoe.
- The dollar is getting some greenback. The chatter, so you know, is that Asian central banks are selling the Euro, Pound and Euro/Yen. Gold, coincidently, has burped down a deuce.
- It's entirely alright to have differences of opinion. It's not alright to be belligerent or disrespectful in your communication of them.
- The peak in bank group multiple (90% of SPX) was back in '98 when the zeal to deal was great...vuja de (currently at 75% of S&P)?
- You gotta love the Pat's Defense but I think I'm liking the Cats and seven points (Marlin-esque).
- Last night, while enjoying a quick gaggle to break up the pace, I heard Adam ask a few ladies "How'd you really like Breakfast w/ Brodsky?!?"
- The oil service names need some Clearasil.
- If the longer you wait for dinner, the better it tastes....well, the eventual volatility binge is gonna be mouth watering. In the meantime, that dripping sound you hear is like a Chinese water torture.
- There's a witty reference between China and volatility out there but, truth be told, my brain is too fried to find it. (long coupla weeks)
- If you're not reading Jason Goepfert, you're missing some pretty insightful stuff.
- I sure hope Fleck is having fun Heli-skiing. Jeez, I wanna come back in my next life as his luggage!
- A lil' lunch crunch is turning the tape a tad sloppy. The internals have slipped (still positive) and the semis got heavier (KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD). Hoofy's not worried, though, he's been bailed out every afternoon by the V-Whoppers (Volume weighted average price program trades).
- Yes, the laws of probability dictate that he'll soon be holding the proverbial bag. That clock is not only broken, it's hangin' by a thread.
- The critters are workin' around the clock (different clock) on the Minyanville overhaul and the week of February 16th is still a go. Take a good, hard look at the current site...cause the new one will make you forget it ever existed.
- Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) is starting to get to an interesting level (55 is resistance).
- Mandy Moore, not less.
- Anthony at Lehman, I have one thing to say to you....."werekajkdjakdfaewqewqreklhoighogsda!!"
- Treasury vols are starting to pick up. The process of asset class elimination continues. Anybody wanna venture a guess what's next?
- Day break...day break on the land.
- The semis (SOX) is now trading slightly below the triple top breakout. Past resistance should act as future support so watch this level closely.
- Keep an eye on Cisco (CSCO:NASD) too.
- I can't believe that my idea of getting crazy these days is staying up for the Leno monologue. Hey, I can always live vicariously through Fokker!
- Minyan trivia: What's the only state with one school district? The first right answer send to firstname.lastname@example.org wins your choice of a kick ass Minyanville tee!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter