By Todd Harrison Jan 23, 2003 12:06 pm
Hey Cowboy, I'm diggin' Daisy's Diamond C Ranch tatoos!
- There is a difference between consumer strength and credit expansion. That lesson will be painfully clear in the years ahead.
- There was a bugged-eyed Vipul sighting in Vegas and, while I'm not quite sure what that is, I wanted to pass it along.
- Jr. tells me that S&P 890, NDX 1027, DJIA 8315 and SOX 300-305 are the make/break levels on the upside.
- OK, I'll admit that I'm a bit concerned about the potential fan reaction if the Raiders fail to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.
- Two of the most respected voices in the market are making completely opposite near-term calls.
- There is fresh chatter that the Venezuelan strike was settled.
- The NYSE breadth is positive and the OTC breadth is negative---which is weird considering the continuing theme of N's over S's.
- A Bronx Tale doesn't get the snaps it deserves.
- I haven't shaved since the Raiders beat the Jets and now, because I'm so supersticious, I have a full blown beard. Man, this itches!
- AMZN, AMGN, AMCC, BRCM, ELX, KLAC, MCHP, PMCS and VRSN all report tonight.
- If you haven't seen our soft tees, delicious cookies or jazzy artwork, head to Main Street and take a look! 10% of the proceeds from Harrison's Department Store will be donated to the Ruby Peck Foundaton for Children's Education!
- I still think that Dick Grasso looks like Kazoo.
- Traffic, arrogance and people who chew with their mouths open are pet peeves of mine.
- The retailers have been acting drekky
- "Ay, fight and you may die, run and you'll live. At least a while. And dying in your beds many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freeeeeeeeeeedom?"
- The macro flow is skewed to the sell side.
- I'm a big fan of the Knicks and the Rangers--and I needed to tell you that while they struggle so you know I'm no bandwagon fan.
- It feels like there's a big "shoe" out there and I'm not sure it's the war (too obvious). Latin America keeps popping into my mind's eye, however, and I would like to remind you to keep an eye on our neighbors to the south.
- Rock shrimp tempura is awesome!
- I'm starting to get all fired up, Mohawk Max--let's get this party started!
- I asked Fokker two simple things: find me Raider decals and a black flag for today's pilgrimage to San Diego. Goose egg so far. Nada! Zero! Zilch!
- Don't forget to submit your entry for this weekend's poll: What will the final score of the game be and (tie breaker) who will win M.V.P. All entries must be submitted to email@example.com by tomorrow's close and the winner will receive a spanking brand new Minyanville fleece! One entry per person, please, and good luck!
- Kit Deluca, baby.
- Would you be happier if you owned a small taco stand on a tropical island?
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter