- Are boars the most unpopular animal on the farm?
- Dustin Roberts?
- The longer the market meanders, the more healthy it would be from a digestive standpoint. Remember, corrections can take place as a function of time or price (although they're not mutually exclusive).
- You use 300 muscles to balance yourself when you're standing still.
- NDX 1515 (multiple January bottoms) is a level to watch on the downside. NDX 1560ish (recent highs) offers the mirror image of that line of scrimmage.
- While the signals late last year were aborted (stopped out), DeMark analysis is once again flashing danger for the S&P and Dow Jones. So ya know.
- The shower scene in About Last Night or the pool scene in Fast Times? It's all Phoebe, baby. No contest.
- A buddy of mine was gonna play Sandisk (SNDK:NASD) long into the earnings but opted for Xilinx (XLNX:NASD) instead at the last second. Oofa!
- We're seeing call buyers in Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) ahead of tonight's report. I'm not playing it (no edge) but I figured I'd forward the flow.
- Silver is racing ahead 3% today. There's no sign of Black.
- Amgen (AMGN:NASD), KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD), Corning (GLW:NYSE), MBNA (KRB:NYSE) and Vitesse Semi (VTSS:NASD) highlight tonight's conference call hell.
- Did anybody see Da Ali G show last night? That's some funny stuff.
- Airlines are flying.
- Professor Succo and I have a (rare) out of office meeting at 1:00pm so please factor that into your afternoon post expectations. Thanks!
- For those playing Footsie, the London exchange is underperforming its overseas peers.
- Who's a better actor: Al Pacino or Dustin Hoffman? Does Gene Hackman make the top five? (I think so)
- Mock. YEAH! Ing. YEAH! Bird. YEAH! Yeah. YEAH!
- We're just about at the Dow Jones high from 2002. Right here.
- Add General Electric (GE:NYSE) as a tape tell. It's basing right above its breakout level and if technicals exert themselves as the primary metric, the action in this name will serve as a good guide.
- Lotsa big changes coming to the city of critters the week of February 16th. It's gonna shake up the mojo in a big way--and in many ways--so please be on the lookout for emails discussing the changes. It's all very exciting.
- Daisy. The dairy diva. The silk milk. The mother of all milkshakes. The queen of cream!
- Succo tells me that program trading accounts for nearly 70% of the total big board volume. That's an udderly ridiculous number.
- Don't force it if you don't see it. And yes, I'm talking to you.
- Grandpa Neil tells me there some meaty QQQ sellers lightening up (they bought 'em earlier). Duke & Duke!
- Which is YOUR favorite critter tee?
- Jam Master Jay.
- Syracuse hoops.
- Late for meeting...I'll be back.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter