By Todd Harrison Jan 22, 2004 12:35 pm
- Are boars the most unpopular animal on the farm?
- Dustin Roberts?
- The longer the market meanders, the more healthy it would be from a digestive standpoint. Remember, corrections can take place as a function of time or price (although they're not mutually exclusive).
- You use 300 muscles to balance yourself when you're standing still.
- NDX 1515 (multiple January bottoms) is a level to watch on the downside. NDX 1560ish (recent highs) offers the mirror image of that line of scrimmage.
- While the signals late last year were aborted (stopped out), DeMark analysis is once again flashing danger for the S&P and Dow Jones. So ya know.
- The shower scene in About Last Night or the pool scene in Fast Times? It's all Phoebe, baby. No contest.
- A buddy of mine was gonna play Sandisk (SNDK:NASD) long into the earnings but opted for Xilinx (XLNX:NASD) instead at the last second. Oofa!
- We're seeing call buyers in Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) ahead of tonight's report. I'm not playing it (no edge) but I figured I'd forward the flow.
- Silver is racing ahead 3% today. There's no sign of Black.
- Amgen (AMGN:NASD), KLA-Tencor (KLAC:NASD), Corning (GLW:NYSE), MBNA (KRB:NYSE) and Vitesse Semi (VTSS:NASD) highlight tonight's conference call hell.
- Did anybody see Da Ali G show last night? That's some funny stuff.
- Airlines are flying.
- Professor Succo and I have a (rare) out of office meeting at 1:00pm so please factor that into your afternoon post expectations. Thanks!
- For those playing Footsie, the London exchange is underperforming its overseas peers.
- Who's a better actor: Al Pacino or Dustin Hoffman? Does Gene Hackman make the top five? (I think so)
- Mock. YEAH! Ing. YEAH! Bird. YEAH! Yeah. YEAH!
- We're just about at the Dow Jones high from 2002. Right here.
- Add General Electric (GE:NYSE) as a tape tell. It's basing right above its breakout level and if technicals exert themselves as the primary metric, the action in this name will serve as a good guide.
- Lotsa big changes coming to the city of critters the week of February 16th. It's gonna shake up the mojo in a big way--and in many ways--so please be on the lookout for emails discussing the changes. It's all very exciting.
- Daisy. The dairy diva. The silk milk. The mother of all milkshakes. The queen of cream!
- Succo tells me that program trading accounts for nearly 70% of the total big board volume. That's an udderly ridiculous number.
- Don't force it if you don't see it. And yes, I'm talking to you.
- Grandpa Neil tells me there some meaty QQQ sellers lightening up (they bought 'em earlier). Duke & Duke!
- Which is YOUR favorite critter tee?
- Jam Master Jay.
- Syracuse hoops.
- Late for meeting...I'll be back.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter