By Todd Harrison Jan 21, 2004 12:42 pm
Critter of the month!
- Why would someone say this weather is for the birds? There isn't a bird in the sky!
- The homies are squeezing higher on this morning's mortgage applications and housing starts.
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) 75. Look at a four year chart and you'll see how intense that level is.
- I would think that the BKX hits its keppe hard at 1000.
- Not getting enough of Professor Goepfert? No worries--he writes his commentary every day! (link)
- Crude is spilling to the tune of 3.5% but the energy issues hold tight. Energy issues? I have energy issues!
- The semis are an example of acne gone awry. See if you can guess what I am now? A zit! Get it? (Bluto Blutarsky)
- We're seeing a lot of call buying in EMC (EMC:NYSE) in front of tomorrow's earnings. For what it's worth...(and I'm not involved).
- Thank you #32--you're a class act.
- We're zaggin' for a special hump day sashimifest. Shoes off!
- The outsized volatility in other asset classes is sure to spill into equities. It's only a matter of time.
- Support your local critters! Every little bit helps.
- Nobody has ever seen Darol Ryan and Pee Wee from Porky's in the same room at the same time.
- The financials remain the feather in Hoofy's headdress.
- Wait...until...you see...Buzz & Banter.
- How come you can't utter the letters "WMD" without being blasted for being unpatriotic?
- Harold Ramis may be the most underrated writer in the history of mankind.
- The longer the stochastics twist (either overbought or oversold), the more violent the move in the other direction.
- The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education proudly welcomes Vista Del Mar into our family. Please take the time to acquaint yourself with this most worthy organization!
- The tape is either basing or churning. Nine out of ten traders (who chew sugarless gum) believe in the former.
- "Every day above ground is a good day. " --Mel Bernstein, Scarface.
- The S's over N's wishbone continues with the banks (jig) pulling ahead of the semis (softness). Again, watch BKX 1000 for potential bumpage.
- Gold stocks are starting to buck higher (after earlier weakness). Laurie is fantastic, isn't he?
- There's nothing wrong with the word "nipple."
- Rested? Good! Tonight we'll get Capital One (COF:NYSE), Computer Associates (CA:NYSE), Ebay (EBAY:NASD), Lam Research (LRCX:NASD), Mercury Interactive (MERQ:NASD), Qualcomm (QCOM:NASD), Sandisk (SNDK:NASD), Seibel (SEBL:NASD), Xilinx (XLNX) and Starbucks (SBUX:NASD). It gets even nuttier in the morning!
- "When you miss a shot, never think of what you did wrong. Take the next shot thinking of what you must do right." --Fred "the dorf" Dorushkin
- Is the internal angst-o-meter redlining yet?
- Admit it, you were jonsing for Random Thoughts.
- I'm told the margarita redhead (that would be my grandmother) is net/net up $100 after three days of blackjack on her Caribbean cruise. Noice!
- Sector rotation.
- If you know anyone who might be interested in joining the Minyanville family as an administrative assistant, please send Fokker@Minyanville.com a note. Fair warning--it's hard work, long hours and it doesn't pay great out of the gate--but you'll learn a ton and be on the team.
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter