More Random Thoughts!
They call me Dai-Lo!
- I always struggle with honor bars at hotels...especially when they have pop tarts!
- The storage sector, after being taken apart last week, is trying to find a level in front of Thursday's big reports (EMC, ELX).
- The image of Tim Brown crying tears of joy after Sunday's win will forever be one of my favorite sports images.
- Nobody has ever seen Tony Dwyer and Brad Pitt in the same room at the same time. Hmm...
- Watch GE and the cyclicals this week as earnings filter out. If you're only focusing on a handful of tech names, you're doing yourself (and your performance) a disservice.
- I don't get J-Lo. There, I said it.
- The head and shoulder neckline for the semiconductors resides at SOX 280ish.
- If you're "stuck" in a bad position, remember that hope isn't a viable investment thesis. I've found that trading "in between" (selling/covering ½) is a good compromise and can alleviate some of the angst.
- The ultra-conservative, country club playing, Ralph Lauren socks wearing, gonna-be married soon BIFF tells me that the institutional flow is relatively quiet today. Ya think?
- I'm a Donovan McNabb fan but I can't say I'm unhappy that the Eagles got tossed. I mean, could you imagine crowd if both Philly and Oakland made it? Oofa! At least, with Tampa Bay, we'll be able to find some early bird specials at the tailgate!
- Did I mention that I thought the brokerage stocks will trade to the teens before the bear market ends?
- It's nice to see....anything....other than tall office buildings for a change!
- Micron is a hat size. Unbelievable.
- Selective trading will test your discipline every single day but, if you can remove "performance anxiety" from your vocabulary, it will likely serve you in good stead.
- Gotta get to Tulsa, first train we can ride. Got to settle one old score, one small point of pride.
- Hedge fund hot potato continues in the E.T.F market.
- How many mulligans will the "pundits" get on the recovery thesis?
- I'm watching you Fokker! Wake up!
- I've gotten a lot of feedback on my reference to www.dorseywright.com and the answer is "yes, I think it's tremendous value added if you're an active trader.
- The road from San Jose to San Francisco is littered with ghosts of bubbles past.
- The consensus among N.F.L players is that Michael Vick has the most talent-by a landslide.
- How many Minyans are going to the dance? Ping me at email@example.com and let's take quorum!
- Was Ernie McCracken related to Phil?
- Europe is closing near the low.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter