More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Jan 21, 2003 2:38 pm
They call me Dai-Lo!
- I always struggle with honor bars at hotels...especially when they have pop tarts!
- The storage sector, after being taken apart last week, is trying to find a level in front of Thursday's big reports (EMC, ELX).
- The image of Tim Brown crying tears of joy after Sunday's win will forever be one of my favorite sports images.
- Nobody has ever seen Tony Dwyer and Brad Pitt in the same room at the same time. Hmm...
- Watch GE and the cyclicals this week as earnings filter out. If you're only focusing on a handful of tech names, you're doing yourself (and your performance) a disservice.
- I don't get J-Lo. There, I said it.
- The head and shoulder neckline for the semiconductors resides at SOX 280ish.
- If you're "stuck" in a bad position, remember that hope isn't a viable investment thesis. I've found that trading "in between" (selling/covering ½) is a good compromise and can alleviate some of the angst.
- The ultra-conservative, country club playing, Ralph Lauren socks wearing, gonna-be married soon BIFF tells me that the institutional flow is relatively quiet today. Ya think?
- I'm a Donovan McNabb fan but I can't say I'm unhappy that the Eagles got tossed. I mean, could you imagine crowd if both Philly and Oakland made it? Oofa! At least, with Tampa Bay, we'll be able to find some early bird specials at the tailgate!
- Did I mention that I thought the brokerage stocks will trade to the teens before the bear market ends?
- It's nice to see....anything....other than tall office buildings for a change!
- Micron is a hat size. Unbelievable.
- Selective trading will test your discipline every single day but, if you can remove "performance anxiety" from your vocabulary, it will likely serve you in good stead.
- Gotta get to Tulsa, first train we can ride. Got to settle one old score, one small point of pride.
- Hedge fund hot potato continues in the E.T.F market.
- How many mulligans will the "pundits" get on the recovery thesis?
- I'm watching you Fokker! Wake up!
- I've gotten a lot of feedback on my reference to www.dorseywright.com and the answer is "yes, I think it's tremendous value added if you're an active trader.
- The road from San Jose to San Francisco is littered with ghosts of bubbles past.
- The consensus among N.F.L players is that Michael Vick has the most talent-by a landslide.
- How many Minyans are going to the dance? Ping me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's take quorum!
- Was Ernie McCracken related to Phil?
- Europe is closing near the low.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter