More Random Thoughts!
Three and a half hours until the three day snooze!
- Johnny C, the world's greatest stuntman, is by my side for a day in the 'Ville.
- Jason's piece pretty much sums it up. Or down, as the case may be.
- Thus far it's a textbook expiration--action on the bookends and drifty in the middle.
- The NASDAQ TRIN is presently under .50 and the last time a day finished that way was September 8th. That day closed on the high but then a three day correction followed. What's interesting is that 9/8/03 was the 22nd day in a streak of closes above the prior day's low. Today is the NASDAQ's 22nd day of the same trend. (Thanks Jason Roney)
- Bagpipes were invented in Iran and brought to Scotland by the Romans.
- Congrats Dan Meehan on moving in with your fiancé this weekend. The puppy is officially house broken! Too bad your Pats are gonna take a Pedro!
- The tape is getting thinner....and Toddo's getting laaaaarger!
- The brokers continue to flex and impress. The XBD (broker index) is a tough chart to short.
- The internets have been heavy all day.
- It looks like the week of February 16th for the unveiling of Minyanville II:Revenge of the Critters. The site changes are dramatic and will feature new tools for active Minyans, University Minyans and elementary Minyans. There will also be instant message alerts (thus cleaning up your mailbox).
- "They say there's enough religion in the world to make men hate each other, but not enough to make them love" - Robert De Niro, Angel Heart
- The dollar continues to gain ground and is tickling the DXY 88 trendline.
- Brodsky has food poisoning. Hence the absence.
- Television in England was switched off for six years during World War II. In June 1946, it started again with the words, "As I was saying before we were so rudely interrupted..."
- The bond market closes at 2pm today. See ya Bri!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter