By Todd Harrison Jan 16, 2003 12:21 pm
Put that cookie down, Toddo, you're getting a bit too beefy!
- The breadth on the NYSE is a constructive sign.
- Tony made some excellent points on his CNNfn gig. Man...it must be tough being that smart AND that good looking!
- If you took one pound of cobwebs and spread them out in one straight line, it will go around the earth two times.
- A lot of my old school readers have communicated that they're frustrated and fed up with the market. Friends...it's not your fault! Some of the savviest people I know are closing up shop because it's too hard out there. Unfortunately, the weeding out process will continue until the industry overcapacity is alleviated--and we've got a long way to go. If you're going to stay in the game, know that it's going to be a long, hard road.
- With that thought in mind, I'm quite aware that I'm starting a financial dot.com into the teeth of this bear. Still, I truly believe that Minyanville--through both education and philanthropic efforts-- will make a difference in people's lives.
- This level feels like a huge game of financial chicken.
- The biotechs, which gave a great stochastic buy signal at BTK 333, are about to give a stochastic sell signal.
- My assistant just got a U.P.S package addressed to: Fokker. I kid you not!
- Elmo, my superb option coverage from Warburg, tells me that there's a lot of noise in the room, but nobody's dancing to the music.
- Don Henley never got the respect he deserved as a solo artist
- In Iceland, Domino's Pizza has reindeer sausage pie on it's menu. Eww!
- If the pop and drop thesis occurs (higher before lower), the stochastics will have effectively "pretzel twisted." The more that happens, the harder (and faster) the move in the opposite direction will be.
- The Philly Fed came out at 11.2 (vs. expectations of 9.6). Man, I hope the Eagles score more than that!
- The SOX isn't confirming the upside.
- I can't stop eating thes fantastic Brent & Sam's Minyanville Chocolate Chip Cookies....they're off the charts!
- I think it may be time for the Toddo no-carb diet. Whenever I can't see my belt....it's time!
- Three will likely be days (perhaps weeks) in the years ahead when there's not a compelling risk/reward. Don't hold onto the handlebars so tight---you wont be in shape to trade 'em when you see 'em.
- I miss my grandfather...but I also feel closer to him than I ever have before. By living my life in a manner consistent with what he taught me, I honor his memory daily.
- I think we should we should find a really great band, rent out a big space and have a party for all the citizens of Minyanville!
- Europe is doin nuttin', honey.
- Jeff, Matt, Buck, Jr, JJ...and yes, you too Martin...I miss you guys. Hope you and the rest of the crew are smiling!
- Yesterday, Greg R.N looked at me at 7am and said "I don't know what it is, boss, i just kinda feel like I'm a fog today." Uh...does anybody want to take this one for me?
- Astronauts cannot belch--there is no gravity to separate liquid from gas in their stomachs.
- The divergence between the transports and the DJIA doesn't bode well for the Dow theorists among you.
- The first person from the Puglisi trading room that walks into my office will receive free bag of Minyanville Cookies. I know, Scotto...no carbs for you...I'll have Fokker make you a protein shake!
- 49 countries. Wild, isn't it?
- I'm not ruling out an "up" year in the context of a multiyear bear cycle...I just don't think it's straight up from here.
- Raider Max and Pulitzer Emily...get fired up kids--it's the A.F.C Championship!
- The next person says that Daisy looks like Michael Jackson will be banished from Minyanville!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter