Good luck down the homestretch!
- If magazine covers are a contra-indicator, could there be one more zoom before the boom?
- Boo is sporting a new lid as we edge into 2006.
- The Minx is fluxy in midday trading as we weigh tough words on the evolving Iran situation. The question for investors is whether a risk premium will be priced into the tape (it isn't with the VXO at 11).
- "The difference between you and me is that I'm a longer-term type. I waited six years for Apple (AAPL) to kick in and I have the same mindset in SunMicro (SUNW)." -- Minyanville President Kevin Wassong.
Good point, Prez, and one that speaks to the importance of having your risk profile mimic your time horizon. As discussed, I entered today's fray with the Texas hedge on (long calls, long stock).
As my February options have an element of decay (and as I added a "common" component to my position near $4.50), I'm using today's jig (+8%) to peel out of some of the option exposure I added at lower levels. The stock? I don't know if I'll have six years worth of patience but I'm happy to stock it away for the time being.
Just keepin' ye faithful up...
- Is "oh brother" watching?
- You can take the girl out of Texas but...
- Not shrimp, DUCK!
- "Yesterday I wrote, Gold looks very well supported again at 540 and it appears likely we'll make a new high for the move in the next 48 hours. Well, the low was 541.40 and we're seeing a new high now - gotta get one right every now and again I suppose." Aussie Laurie McGuirk on today's Buzz
- IBM still feels like it's got a date with destiny at $81. That's the 200-day and the right shoulder of some textbook dandruff.
- Keep an eye on the BKX (below 106) and the XBD (above 200) as we ready for next week's financial earnings avalanche. Citigroup (C) remains a key tell as it toggles between $48 and $50.
- Speaking of piggies...
- I remember when the FOMC started easing. Alotta folks bought 'em on a reflex and got burned.
- There's nothing wrong with a little pizza on our time.
- Our current web digs have been good to the critters. The nextgen platform will take them into a new stratosphere.
- Keep an eye on the CRB as it sits on acne support.
- Not a good time to lose one's head!
- I'm entering the meat of the earnings season with a slew of gamma and a (somewhat) relaxed grip on the handlebars. Next week should see an uptick in volatility as we hear the state of the union from a wide range of sectors.
- Happy Birthday Billy Meehan!
- Fare ye well into the bell and have a fantastic weekend.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter