You're thinking of slipping an arm in the costume, Toddo? Oy gavalt!
- If there is an "easy" move every day, the opening fade was likely it. Now that we've filled (destroyed) the opening gap, it gets tougher.
- Every time you lick a stamp, you consume 1/10 of a calorie.
- There is chatter going around that Intel is going to raise cap-ex. That's what got the semi's going out of the gate and is likely why a shooter just bought 25,000 SMH calls (which I view as "contra").
- A pig's orgasm lasts for 30 minutes. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.
- The Korn just stopped by my office. Old schoolers know exactly who I'm talking about.
- The breadth and banks have poked their nose positive and the bulls have recaptured the momentum. It certainly feels like Boo is fighting a losing battle here, but we also know the best fades are the toughest fades.
- While I aim to practice discipline over conviction, I'm jockeying between a BKX 800 "stop out" and adding an ARM into the bear costume (to make 75% conviction) before the "pop and drop." EVERYONE knows I'm always early, and I continue to feel the downside is "when" not "if."
- The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL, or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Major League all-star Game.
- Why the heck would the Howell's pack so much for a three hour cruise?
- There are four frames with which to view the market: cycles, phases, trends and nuances. Decide which applies to your style before committing capital.
- There's "congestion" around S&P 930 and there's likely "stops" above.
- There's a lot of trading left in the day and a truckload of earnings due out next week. Plan accordingly.
- More people have a phobia of frogs than rats.
- I haven't seen the alligators today...but that doesn't mean that they're not out there.
- Do I think the BKX 800 breakout (if and when) is "fadable?" You betcha. Why, then, why would I toy with placing a "stop" there? Because perception is reality and it could lead to a "blow off" top.
- I'm mobile as of noonish but Pepe and the techies are configuring my lappy for the trip--so I 'should' be able to post on my way to the airport.
- Go Raiders!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter