Quick List: 10 Largest US Aerospace & Defense Companies
A quick stock screen for your perusal.
1. United Technologies (UTX): 76.6B market cap, P/E Ratio 16.04, 2.3% dividend, +6.86% year-to-date
UTX is involved in everything from elevators and escalators to helicopters and fuel cell systems.
2. Boeing (BA): 55.2B market cap, P/E ratio 18.42, 2.25% dividend, +15.9% year-to-date
Among other things, BA researches and develops military aircraft and helicopters as well as space missile systems.
3. Lockheed Martin (LMT): 26.4B market cap, P/E ratio 8.56, 2.88% dividend, +11.2% year-to-date
LMT businesses include space, telecommunications, electronics, aeronautics and energy.
4. General Dynamics (GD): 26.2B market cap, P/E ratio 10.19, 2.65% dividend, +0.71% year-to-date
Combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions and even shipbuilding are among GD products and services.
5. Precision Castparts (PCP): 21.9B market cap, P/E ratio 21.8, .08% dividend, +10% year-to-date
Finally, perhaps one you haven't heard of: PCP manufactures metal components and products, parts used in jet engines.
6. Northrop Grumman (NOC): 18.5B market cap, P/E ratio 9.75, 3.14% dividend, +9.6% year-to-date
NOC provides aerospace, electronics, information systems and shipuilding to global government and commercial customers.
7. Raytheon (RTN): 17.5B market cap, P/E ratio 8.72, 3.53% dividend, +7.09% year-to-date
RTN provides mission systems integration for communications and intelligence systems as well as mission support services.
8. Goodrich (GR): 10.56B market cap, P/E ratio 16.82, 1.36% dividend, -3.3% year-to-date
Passenger restraint systems, pump and engine control, de-icing systems and aircraft evacuation systems are among the GR offerings and products.
9. Rockwell Collins (COL): 9.1B market cap, P/E ratio 16.30, 1.61% dividend, +3.14% year-to-date
In addition to communications and avionics, COL produces in-flight entertainment systems.
10. L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL): 8.4B market cap, P/E ratio 9.39, 2.26% dividend,+13.9% year-to-date
Command, control, communications, intelligence and surveillance and reconnaissance systems. Main customers are government agencies.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter